Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Country, country, country - music that is

We had a wonderful weekend, how about you?
Alan and I went out on Sunday night. We had a great dinner at Maggiano's restaurant and then went to Universal City Walk to the Gibson Amphitheater to see a Brooks & Dunn concert.

It was an amazing concert, the first non Jonas Brothers concert I have been to. Prior to my three Jonas Brothers concerts in 2008 I hadn't been to a concert since Neil Diamond pre-Lauren. Now that was a long time ago.

Here's a great shot of the guys......they sounded perfect live. I will say they're getting a tad old but boy can they sing.

REBA WAS THERE. What a shock that was. She sings a verse on their song "Cowgirls Don't Cry" and she was there to do it live. She was great, but I wish she would have come out at the end to sing a song. Guess we'll have to buy tickets to her concert some day.
Here's the goofy "I'm taking my own picture" shot. But what else is there to do when it's just the two of us. Look how happy we are, and this was before the concert started. Just imagine what we looked like afterwards. It was so late by the time we got home that we felt bad for Ruth and Ernie since they stayed with the kids. Suprisingly they were awake when we got home, I thought for sure they'd be out. I recorded some of the songs on my phone and Lauren has been having fun listening to them. She likes country music, it's hard not to when you grow up listening to it, though she won't admit it to any of her friends. She was mad when I bought the tickets for Alan for Christmas, since she wasn't going with us. She also didn't like it when I commented about it everytime one of their songs came on the radio......gee I wonder why.
You know I can't have a blog entry without soccer. Without further ado, here is the soccer blurb...
High school season has come and gone but never fear, tournament season is here. There was a soccer banquet for the high school teams and Lauren got an award for most improved player on her frosh team. Well yeah, of course she's most improved. When you're the goalie and you get shot on 20+++++ times per game of course you're going to get better. :-) This picture has all three of the teams in it (a few people were missing but most are there). The second from the right in the back row is Mariam, Lauren's coach, and Lauren is laying in front (what a silly girl she is)

Anywho, that's all for now.

Night all, Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
What a happy couple...cute, cute!
I'll be writing to you soon.

Love from The Netherlands

Anonymous said...

What a nice treat for you and Alan! Glad you had a great time!
Jen