Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tennessee Spring Break

Tennessee you might ask. Why? I know it's not a top destination spot for Spring break but that's where we headed. Actually my dad lives in Tennessee, about an hour south and a bit west of Nashville. I haven't seen him in 12 years and hadn't spoken to him in about 6 years before this past Christmas. I sent him a picture Christmas card of the kids and that's how we re-connected. After talking with him over the past few months we decided to go see his farm. We've always wanted to see Nashville, remember we're the country music lovers. So why not go do both???? We were definitely nervous, the last time I saw him I was 28 and now I'm 40, what a shocker that must have been for him :-)

We all had a great time, it was such fun and sooooo relaxing. In fact I'm planning another visit in June when the kids get out of school.

Here is a picture of the farm from a flattened area up a hill where his house will be built at some point. Quite a farm huh?
Here is my lovely family. The kids got to ride (well sit on and walk around) on a horse a couple of times. The building in the background is a garage for a semi truck and motor home on the right half and one of the stables on the first floor of the left half and the second floor has 4 one bedroom apts and a 4 bedroom apt. We stayed in the 4 bedroom one on the far left end with a great balcony. Alan sat on the balcony and did lots of reading.
This is my dad...
Roman taught Ryan to drive the tractor and a Kobuto (which is some other type of little farm truck). Ryan loved it to say the least.
This is the apartment we stayed in looking into the living room from our bedroom. On the left side are three more bedrooms. This place is bigger than my house and it's an apt.
We hung out at the farm and visited the horses a bunch, there are lots there. The kids rode, got to know their Opa. We took a tour at the Jack Daniels Distillery, saw a show at the Grand Ole Opry which was amazing. The kids and me all got cowboy boots too.
Keep reading below on the next post for some more stuff.
Hugs to all, Kim

No comments: