The start to our vacation on Aug 6th, Grandma and Grandpa pulling up in our chariot to take us to the airport. Ryan loves this part....
Ryan got to see the cockpit of the airplane and talk to the pilots.
The first of two lobster dinners we had. Lauren and I even tried the lobster, I thought it was good but Lauren thought it was great. Here they are pre-boiling pot of water....
and here they are post-boiling pot of water....poor little guys...
the lobster feast commences
the kids played lots of games and really enjoyed each others company
here we are in Salem at the Witch Museum tour...
this is in front of the Witch House
This is the yard at the Rhodes Mansion, gorgeous and it smelled so wonderful with all the flowers
We took a tour of Fenway Park, that's the green monster at the back (the green wall for those of us that have no clue of what that means, like me). Ryan really liked this, as I think we all did.
Lauren with Grandpa at dinner in the North End...
Lynn and Ryan on our walk back to the car after the North End dinner. They both thought this trikes were "awesome"
Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth...
Plymouth Rock, yes theeeee plymouth rock, looks like nothing special doesn't it?
Nastalgic memory lane trip to Providence Rhode Island where Ruth, Ernie and Carol grew up. Ruth and Ernie as well as Carol and Bob got married in this church.
this was their high school
A walk through the north end of the freedom trail in Boston
Lauren, Lynn and Kimmie
The Old North Church, amazing inside with the most gorgeous organ and interesting pew boxes
I loved this shirt but Alan said he wouldn't wear it so I took a picture instead. You have to pronounce it like your from Boston....
more North End pics
Lynn sporting the silly hat the Leslie bought for Stephanie
The Sam Adams Brewery Tour
Sue wanted to make sure she could take home the Sam Adams sample glasses they gave us, little did she know we were allowed to keep them :-)
Doyle's Bar, I think one of the oldest bars in Boston and the first to have Sam Adams on tap
I just loved this sign in Sharon where we stayed with Sue and Kevin
Friday Aug 14th we headed to Connecticut to spend time with Pam and the kids. Here are Lauren with Ryan and Carlee with Ben
Carlee taught me how to make frosting flowers
this is the cake Carlee made for the reunion we had on the 16th
Reunion pictures - Madeline, Aunt Junie and Aunt Carol
Aunt Carol, Pam and me
Alan, Lynn and DB (better known as Sticky the dog killer)
Claudia, Debbie and Pam
The Chakah Crew (cake maker and assistants)
Ruth, Aunt Carol and Aunt Junie
Tom, Sticky and Alan
Ryan and Derrick
Lauren and Grandma
Danny telling a story with everyon around listening intently
Kids in the pool
Tom, Lisa, Laura and Michael
Sue and I took the kids to the Clydesdale horse farm on Mon Aug 17th...man are those horses HUGE
my favorite, Monarch

















2 comments:
Looks like soooooo much fun! I am glad you guys enjoyed your time there! :-D Glad to have you home!
Oppps, forgot to sign my name.......xoxo Chris :-D
Post a Comment