Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 2 of my blog

I decided to upload some pictures today, I realize this will be two days in a row of posting but don't worry, I'm just experimenting and having fun trying to figure out this whole blog thing, I'm sure the attraction will wear off.


On Sunday I am hosting a Pampered Chef party. I haven't had one since we lived in Orlando, Florida back in 1998. They are such fun and I just love their products, their stuff is great. My wish list is well over $200 already and that's with the hostess discount already applied. I told the Pampered Chef consultant that I wanted to make little treats for everyone to take home after the party using the Twixit bag clips. She thought it was such a great idea that she gave them to me at cost. I thought that was great, especially considering I have never met her before, though free would have been even better. LOL. Last Thursday I took some stamping stuff to work with the hopes that I could find a little time to stamp since work was kinda slow (just don't tell my boss, he probably wouldn't appreciate it) and guess what, I did stamp. This past weekend the Twixit's arrived and I was able to put together the treats. I have them all in a basket to set out in the foyer. Here's what they look like.............................


The top chef with the sentiments is attached to the front of the basket and the bottom chef is the tag hanging on each of the treats inside the basket. I didn't put a sentiment on the treats just the image. You can't tell on the picture but I also paper pierced two opposing corners for a little added flare.

For Valentine's Day my forever friend Christine gave me a "Fastenator" so I had to give it a try. If you don't know what a "Fasternator" is, it's the stapler thingy that has wide decorative staples for your paper projects.


Here is a picture of Christine when we took the kids to the snow for a day trip..................





I made her a Thank You card for giving me this wonderful new toy. I cased a card from SCS using punches to make animals and here's the end result...................




Notice that I used the "Fastenator on the side of the sentiment", cute huh?



Here are two more cards that I made using the "Fastenator" and trying a technique I saw on SCS of making a ladybug out of scalloped punches...............................




Thank you Chris for giving me this super fun tool. She even gave me gobs of different staples to use with it. Isn't she great? I think so, even though she keeps trying to get me to drink and to get a tattoo. So far I'm still holding out. ;-)


On another note, yesterday I uploaded a picture of the magnetic valentine tin I made for Ryan's second grade class. I also altered a Target mailbox for his teacher, here's what I came up with...






Thanks for looking. So far it's been fun playing with the new toy, my "blog".

Love ya, Kim

3 comments:

Michelle L. said...

Congrats on the blog, Kim! You are off to a great start. I love that card with the kitty out of punches - so cute!

Anonymous said...

Kim! Your awesome. I don't know where you find the time! I like your 2nd blog, mostly cause I am the star! I feel so special! Love ya lots!
Your Forever Friend,
Chris :-)

Anonymous said...

Look at you- bloggin' away!