Thursday, February 28, 2008

A little fun


On Monday I received a wonderful package in the mail from Jeanne, she was my secret sister last year in a 6 month swap. She nominated me in a secret friendship appreciation swap. Due to some problems she didn't send her package in time so this was a total surprise. I had completely forgotten about this swap. Of course I forgot to take a picture of everything together, silly me. Let me try to recap, in my wonderful fun box there were brads and more brads, designer paper, a handmade little 3x3 album (don't recall what the name is but I do recall seeing a tutorial for it on SCS), primas large-md-small, a clear sentiment stamp, ribbon, a wooden purse to alter, a banner with the word dream on it, wood flowers to alter, a tape runner that has words on the tape, and two really cool stamps that were made from rubber tires. This card was made with one of the rubber tire stamps. They are black rubber unmounted so I mounted them on the foam EZ cling stuff and away I went. I think this cat is tooooo cute. I sent this card to Jeanne today along with some images of the cat inside for her to use, she mentioned she thought the cat was really cute too. Jeanne's in Canada so it will take a little while for her to get the card, I'm sure she'll like it. I wish I had put something on the background, I just don't like plain backgrounds, but I had Ryan in the tub so I kept running back and forth checking on him and trying to stamp.
I just joined a summer themed coaster swap on
SCS. I am one of 5 people making tile coasters and the other 20 or so are making chipboard coasters. I much prefer the tile coasters, I made about 5 sets for christmas gifts. I've had a two month break from coasters so this swap sounded like fun.

This is what I was thinking of doing for my coasters. What better way to portray summer than shorts, a smile and a drink? These should be fun to make. I'll post a picture once I get them made. They're not due to the hostess until June 1st but I usually like to get them made as soon as I sign up for a swap and mail them out. That way I know my part is done and I can sit back, relax and wait for the happy mail to arrive.
Thanks for stopping by.
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! It's great to see you blogging! Very cute Bella card you made! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your creations here!

Sandra said...

Yay Kim!!!! Glad you have a blog too!!!!! I'll be putting your link on my blog. LOL now I can see what you're up to as well.

HugS
Sandra

Michelle L. said...

Finally had a chance to update my blogroll and you're in it! I love that bella card, by the way! See you in a few weeks at StampMania!