This weeks Inkling showcased the Dahlia Fold technique. It makes some beautiful flowers so I thought I would give it a try. The tutorial said to use 1 1/4" circles, do you know how tiny those circles are to try and fold all over the place? Definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. I only made two petals and the green flower base. I think maybe a bigger circle would be better or tons of more practice. I also found that it doesn't work so well with cardstock as I used Wild Wasabi to make the flower base. The cardstock is too thick, but I didn't have any solid green designer paper to use. This is the card I ended up with. The flourish is by Rhonna Farrer. I think the card ended up simple but nice.
This is a technique called Split Negative. I saw this technique, where else, on SCS and decided to give it a try. I was thinking of using this for the stamp mania event but I think my white stamp pad would get ruined with the green at the event. It's pretty hard to clean the white off the stamps and people at the event are not quite as diligent about cleaning (at least that's what I noticed last year). So instead this is just some fun. It's always fun to try a new technique. Plus I had just gotten this set, Baroque Motifs, with my Sell-a-bration order. I love the swirl in this set and finally broke down and bought it.
I think these cards turned out really neat. I didn't want to over embellish so I just added some rhinestone flowers on one and rhinestone circles ontop of stamped flowers. I had to add the ribbon on the one card because I messed up my cut line and ended up with a 1/4" gap. Nothing a little ribbon can't cover up. Like Minnie (my demo) always says, "there are no mistakes in stamping, only room for embellishment"
I am so excited, I just got this Stampin Up set "Time Well Spent". This set is not available for sale, it is a level 3 hostess set, which means you can earn it with a $500 plus workshop or order. Well I don't know anyone to invite to a workshop and even though I love stamping, placing a $500 order myself is a bit on the extreme side. So, in search I went for someone looking to trade for this set. I found a very nice lady on SCS. Her hearts desire was the "From the Kitchen of" set and mine was the "Time Well Spent" set. Luck would have it, I was just about to place my Sell-a-bration order, so I ordered her set, mailed it to her and walla I got this beautiful set.
I made the card in the picture the day the set arrived and sent it to Lisa with whom I traded as a thank you card.

I have always loved cows, they are so sweet and gentle. Well at least the dairy cows are.
Here's a tidbit I bet you didn't know about me. While I was in Jr College after high school I worked at the Dairy Unit on campus. I milked the cows twice a day, at twelve hour intervals. We milked at 3am and 3pm, yes I was at the school at 3am in the morning to milk cows. It wasn't unusual for me to be running into my 8am class with my knee high rubber boots still on. Now isn't that a pretty picture?
No comments:
Post a Comment