Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mini San Diego Family Vacation

We went to San Diego for a mini vacation since we didn't get away this summer. This is the first vacation we have taken in a few years that Alan's folks weren't with us and I must say it was kind of weird. The kids tried to get away with grandmas catch all motto of "We're on Vacation, anything goes" but it didn't work for them. I kept telling them that only works when grandmas there.
We went down for three days. On the third day we were supposed to see a Chargers pre-season football game. We were all excited to see it and then Lauren and I both got what we think was food poisoning. I started first, I tried so hard to keep going and not miss the game but in the end I just couldn't do it. We drove home early, which was fun with not feeling well on a 3 hour drive. Lauren started feeling sick on the way home. Poor Lauren threw up all night and felt horrible, I luckily did not. We both felt really bad the next day and took it easy. The day after that the kids started school and I had to go back to work, lucky us.
So our vacation, we did a ton of stuff. We went to the Wild Animal Park, The Festival of Sail, the Birch Aquarium, The Air & Space Museum and the Auto Museum.

Here's Alan in front of a motorcycle which was the first motorcycle he had when he was a kid. Look at that big grin.
The kids playing around at the Auto Museum.

This is at the Air & Space Museum. They had a Star Trek exhibit which we went to also but weren't aloud to take pictures. That was really neat. Both Alan and I always liked Star Trek so it was neat to see all the movie props.
Can you tell that this was at the aquarium???? No that's not a real shark eating us, ha ha.

Here is Lauren doing her Titanic impression. The Festival of Sail was happening while we were there so we went to explore. There were about 20 large sailing ships there. We bought the passports to go onboard them but only went to about half before Ryan had had enough of ships. It was neat to see the ships, but I was pretty much done too. Seen one sail boat, seen them all.
That wheel is awfully big, Ryan looks so small standing next to it.
Here is one of the ships. Most of them were like this though there was a Russion submarine that we toured too.
Here's the Wild Animal Park. Look matching hats. It was hot and we forgot hats soooo, we had to buy some.
So I opted for no hat, Alan got another hat to add to the River hat collection.
The jungle kids.......................
And here we have Ryan on his first day of school with Trent. Ready to start 3rd grade. He's grown up so fast. Lauren started 9th grade high school but didn't want me to take a picture. I wonder why.

That's all for now.

Night all, Kim

No comments: